- Course Length: one class, 3 hours
- Class Schedule: Please refer to our calendar
- All levels are welcome
- All ingredients and tools (to use during the class) are included but students will need to bring an apron, pen, and notepad.
This Brazo Gitano Cake baking class is a culinary class that teaches students how to make the traditional Spanish dessert called Brazo Gitano. The dessert is a delicious, light and fluffy sponge filled with jam, cream or dulce de leche, rolled and decorated with powdered sugar. During the class, students will learn how to prepare and bake the cake, will learn the proper rolling technique to ensure that the sponge does not crack, and will learn how to fill it with a variety of fillings. The class will also cover tips and techniques for decorating the finished product.
- Participants will learn how to make recipes from scratch; the cake and fillings.
- Participants will learn how to make the delicate sponge cake, how to bake it perfectly and how to roll it and fill it properly to ensure a perfect finish.
- The instructor will share insight on how you can use these recipes in various ways to make different flavors/decorations.
What to expect:
In our baking classes, students can expect to learn various techniques and recipes for creating baked goods. This may include learning how to measure and mix ingredients, proper use of baking equipment, and decorating techniques. Students will also have the opportunity to practice these skills by making the baked goods themselves in our hands on classes.
Haven’t found what you are looking for?
We also offer private classes, where we can customize a class just for you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry to find out more.