This is a two day course where students will learn to make our delicious buttercream recipe, will learn to cover a cake, as well as basic buttercream decorating techniques. Each student will learn the coverture and decoration techniques on a dummy cake which they can later apply on real cakes!
- Day 1
- Make our traditional and delicious Buttercream from scratch (American and European buttercream recipes)
- Learn to prepare pipping bags with couplers and tips
- Learn to use gels to color the buttercream
- Ombre decorating technique
- Learn to cover a dummy cake with buttercream, ensuring a smooth finish
- Day 2
- Learn to pipe rosettes, ruffles and rustic textures
- Learn to apply metallic (Silver and gold) accents to enhance your cakes!
Students will need to bring an 8x4" cake dummy covered in buttercream for class #2 (you will learn this is class #1). The class includes all of the ingredients and materials needed. We will lend you the tools needed during the class.