• Course Length: 13 days, (Group 1) Mondays & Tuesdays 10:00am – 1:00pm or (Group 2) Saturdays 10:30am– 1:30pm.
• Class Schedule: Please refer to our calendar
• Cost of the class: $1,100.00 (Nonrefundable deposit of $350)
• Class includes: all of the ingredients for the first rum cake baked in the class, recipes, and a completion certificate issued by Cake Art (if the course is completed satisfactorily).
• List of materials that students will need will be given once registration is complete.
This cake decorating course provides a comprehensive education in the world of decorating with sugar; developing it in a practical and professional way. You will learn all techniques, procedures and tips from our specialized instructors who teach the students step by step to make large scale cakes and exquisite decorations successfully. Then, students get to show what they have learned in order to move to higher levels and learn more advanced techniques. This course has been developed and tested successfully for over 7 years. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to enjoy this delicious art and learn cake decorating in a short period of time.
What you will learn:
• Food and beverage safety handling techniques. This is a certification that consists of 2 classes and an exam. Student must pass exam to receive certificate.
• Delicious recipes and different baking techniques.
• How to make your cake moist
• Marbling technique
• How to make Delicious and commercial fillings
• Learn about proportions
• Recipe and preparation of buttercream, application of color and different decoration techniques.
• Gain confidence in the application of decorative techniques
• Introduction to fondant including techniques for covering real or fake cakes, square or round with rolled fondant, and cake leveling techniques to achieve a perfect finish.
• Learn to use different tools, cutting, rollers, silicones, markers, etc., to elaborate decorative techniques such as bows, textures, draping, lace, ruffles, and more.
• Instructions to make the fabric rose in fondant.
• Technique of making edible and decorative metallic, pearl, and satin finishes, different prints, and the Channel technique for cakes.
• Learn the benefits of real glaze, from elementary glaze to glue ornaments made with fondant, filled surfaces, edges, contours, shapes and various decorative details, even advanced as coarse and fine embroidery.
• Composition and idea, the design concept of proportion, and building procedure for tiered cakes including technical installation and correct assembly.
• Students conduct their own project making a real three-tiered cake, using decorative elements and techniques with classic or contemporary styles, learned through this course in order to obtain the certificate of the course from Cake Art.
Haven’t found what you are looking for? We also offer private classes, where we can customize and create a class just for you! Call us at (305) 591-1532 and find out more!